Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sidewalk 1, Numismatist 0

This is my left knee. This is also what happens when a knee comes in contact with a sidewalk. A collective "oh, so sad" now would be appropriate.

In four years of running I have avoided any major accidents. Stumbles, yes. Hard falls, no. This morning at the end of one of the best runs in a long time a cracked sidewalk (thanks OC) put an abrupt end to my endorphin high and replaced it with road rash, sore muscles everywhere and a bruised lip that looks like Zeus backhanded me. My right side took the brunt of the fall and for a few minutes there was a fear that my arm was broken. Luckily I hadn't eaten breakfast or Colonel Sanders would have had a mess to clean up in his parking lot.

A couple of Tylenol and I'll be back on the road again Friday, this time watching for the broken, uneven sidewalks that lurk in this city.

$.62 (and a band aid)

P.S. Sorry, no photo of the lip or bruised arm. Use your imagination.
P.P.S. You know that sound? Well, I made it, loud and clear!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Now that hurts! I'm sorry you fell so hard that you hurt your lip and arm too. I hope you're not hurting worse this morning.

I'll see you tonight and will give you more sympathy then... and then I'll tell you a story of my first black eye that's always good for a laugh. I'm such a klutz.

KFinley said...

"Oh, so sad!"

Seriously, that looks painful! My question is, how are you going to even the score?

athena said...

You look hot!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

When you are running will you stop to pick up a penny? Did you ever see the Andy Rooney 60 Minutes piece on New Yorkers stepping over change? Too funny. Sorry about your knee! Sharyn/KalamaQuilts

The Numismatist said...

Sharon, I certainly DO stop to pick up pennies! And nickels, dimes, quarters, golf balls, screwdrivers, gift cards, etc.