Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ratted out

To celebrate Little Ms. Eris' beginning of school we took a trip to the large city to the south. The rest of the kids started school on Monday but she doesn't start until Thursday so we took our last official Grandma Tuesday and had some fun.

The day included a Trax ride downtown to meet Eris for lunch and then some more Trax rides to the Gateway Center where we played around at the Discovery Museum, a place where children can get hands-on experiences with all kinds of things. After two hours there we headed over to the outdoor water fountain for some end-of-summer splashing around. After about 30 minutes and totally soaked clothes the breeze picked up and she was soon freezing. We quickly headed back to Trax again, stopping for a lengthy visit at the fudge store while she agonized over which kind of chocolate to eat on the way home. Ahh, mint fudge was the final choice!

It was a short ride to the car and she had just finished changing into some dry clothes when a man came walking by asking for some money, something about the bus station, etc. etc. My reply was "I'm sorry, I don't have a dime". Immediately from the back seat the ever-honest Little Ms. shouted "THAT'S A LIE! YOU HAVE MONEY!". He mumbled something that thankfully I couldn't understand and wandered on down the street. I was ratted out by Little Ms! If we had been in a better part of town or if Zeus had been with us the man probably would have received enough to at least get a burger at Wendy's.

It's always fun with Little Ms. and I will miss our weekly Grandma Tuesdays (plus others). She is full of curiosity and energy and will do well in school.

After talking to the older grandkids last night we were delighted to hear that they are all very happy with the new schools and new teachers. All three had homework to complete on the first day. Way to go teachers, start them off right!

$1.18

6 comments:

athena said...

I guess it's fitting that Little got ratted out tonight at my house and spent some quality time in the corner.

She's so stinkin' cute!

Eris said...

Oh my gosh, that is awesome! I am always afraid of them ratting me out, too.

KFinley said...

That looks like tons of fun! Eris, I'm surprised you haven't ratted out A LOT!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that she ratted you out!! That is hilarious!

The Numismatist said...

Duchess, as the mother of a barely-turned-one-year-old who is already spouting sentences, you should be very worried. Your day will come..... And she will provide details.....

Unknown said...

Well - I'm perfect, don't you know? I'll be fine with anything the princess wants to tell people...wink.