Saturday, April 11, 2009

Fabulous Grandpa Friday

Sometimes Zeus surprises me with his ideas. He really wanted to take Bubba and Mr. Eris, Jr. out to the ranch for some "guy" time while they were out of school for a few days. Unfortunately, all kinds of church and sports activities got in the way, not to mention the weather that has been totally uncooperative.

Instead of the ranch he came up with the wonderful plan to take the grandkids to a local amusement park, one which I knew nothing about other than the location. This place features go-cart racing, a climbing wall, miniature golf, batting cages, a large arcade and LASER TAG! So this morning we loaded up all five and headed out for a Grandpa Friday.

Bubba was carrying his brand-spanking new drivers license so we went first to the go carts where he could show off his skills. We all knew Little Ms. would love the speed and excitement but I wasn't sure about Littlest Ms. At only 3 1/2 she is still a little (a lot?) unpredictable. Wow, as soon as I strapped her into the seat next to me she was raring to go! I don't think she stopped screaming and laughing for the entire ride.

Next stop was the miniature golf. This one was a bit of a letdown after the high-speed thrill of the go-cart rides but was still fun for the little ones. Littlest wowed us all on the second hole with a Hole in One! Considering that she played with the club backwards and hit the ball from the wrong side that was quite a feat!

Laser tag was up next. Bubba was the only one who had done this before and I was a bit nervous. Bubba, Jubee, Mr. Jr., Little Ms. and I all suited up and learned how to handle the laser guns and the rules of the game. Then we entered the cavern that was lit by black lights. Zeus and Littlest were provided chairs so they could safely watch the insanity! Soon the lights on our vests started flashing, voices were coming out of speakers on my shoulder and laser beams were spraying everywhere! Oh my gosh, I fell in love with this game instantly! So did everyone else, especially Little Ms. After playing an additional game we were hot, sweaty and ready for a break.

Pizza for lunch and some time at the arcade finished of a day of fantastic fun and memories.

Thanks to Zeus and the five kids! It was a blast!

$1.34

As usual, more photos at the Shooting Blog!

5 comments:

athena said...

Pretty sure these are some of my favorite pictures ever!

Muriel said...

Too much fun! What is this place?

KFinley said...

I challenge you to a duel! FA v. NA in laser tag!

The Numismatist said...

Name your place and time...
bwahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous! I want a grandpa Friday!