Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stimulating!

We are all watching the economy tank. Helpless. Frustrated. My mother commented on it this morning. Then Athena. Now I know it is serious. So, being a Registered Republican* I did what all patriotic citizens of the United States were supposed to do when we recieved our fabulous Presidential Tax Rebate earlier this year. Today I stimulated the economy. Oooh, yeahhhh... I stimulated it.....
Yes!!! I am now the proud owner of a new D90! Lots to learn and experiment. So far I am in love with this camera, although my computer seems to have a strange reluctance about viewing the files. Vista is not playing well with Nikon tonight. Hopefully they will learn to get along soon.

Little Ms. Eris was more than ready to pose for me this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to negotiate a computer/camera truce and post them!
Update: Truce successfully negotiated after required software was installed. Duh...

$.88

*Registered Republican last year in order to be able to vote in the state primary. Also, it provides me with a little bit of deja vu by going undercover. There is an evil grin each time I remember that my name is on their list and how confused that must make them.

5 comments:

athena said...

So jealous. I have to bum a camera from one of my kids whenever I want to shoot. I think my big hints of Christmas wishes have been heard =)

Eris said...

D90? I have shoes that are called that.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Twins separated at birth. Honestly, like anyone in this day and age is going to vote a straight ticket. Up until this last primary our state only gave the option for candidates to vote for in your registered choice.
Neandrathals...Happy new camera, you can now immortalize an economy going in the drink. Picture me kicking some fatcat 10 million dollar golden umbrella butt. Sharyn

The Numismatist said...

Oh Sharyn, you should come to Utah. In the 2004 election over 60% of voters cast a straight ticket ballot. Republican, of course. Very frustrating. (Oops, sorry Athena, I promised no politics.)

Eris? D90 shoes? Really?

J said...

way to stimulate the economy!