Thursday, June 5, 2008

When it rains...

Little Ms. Eris had a T-ball game last night. It was raining. Game not cancelled. Eris was filling in as substitute coach and also suffering from one of her bad-tummy episodes, pale and in pain. It's cold, mid 50's. We drag chairs, blankets and four umbrellas over to the baseball field. Forty-five minutes later the game is over. Eris, Little Ms. and Mr. Eris, Jr. are all soaked to the bone. Littlest and I are just cold. We hurry back to my car, throw all the wet stuff in the overflowing trunk and buckle everyone in. This is the written sound track:


"Hurry up, it's cold!"
"I want my treat!"
"I have to go potty."
"Me, too!"
"You will have to wait till we get home."
"Where are my keys? Oh here they are."
(buzzzzzzz) (puzzled looks on faces)
(wait for one second, more bzzzzzzz)
(dread.......)
(buzzzzzzz)
"Damn. Where's my phone?"


Thanks to the Duchess for coming to rescue us and take us all back to Eris' house. Zeus came to pick me up and we went back to the park where a quick jump got me home.

Note to self: Get off the computer and dust your house. Also, clean out the messy car.

$1.72

2 comments:

athena said...

Sorry I missed all the fun!

The Numismatist said...

Ya think? You would have received the distress call but your car isn't big enough!