Sunday, November 30, 2008

Putting it all together

Warning: a little bit of seriousness ahead.

In 1984 my sister gave me this handpainted statue of Santa kneeling over baby Jesus. Over the years it has become one of my most treasured possessions and when the boxes are unpacked it always gets a special place of honor on the coffee table.

The holiday season used to be difficult for me as I was searching for meaning as to what it really meant. My religious transition took many years and it wasn't until two or three years ago that I found comfort and peace. Sometimes the road has been tough, more so for those close to me that cannot comprehend my reasoning. Rifts have occurred but I believe that they will heal with time and patience on all sides.

I love this statue and smile each time I see it.

Oh, and one more thing... I feel it coming on... it's almost here.... oh, yeah.... bring it on....

$1.51 1/2

2 comments:

Eris said...

That statue is my favorite too.

KFinley said...

Wait...I think...maybe I feel festivus a c'mon on? Maybe?

P.S. I loved that statue growing up, my mom always had it on her piano.