Monday, May 18, 2009

What's that smell?

Finally, it's time to put away the long sweat pants and sweat jacket. Last week I was still wearing a turtleneck on my early morning ralks. Today the temp was 91. Tonight I will get out the shorts and sleeveless running shirts so my arms don't get those cute farmer tans. But that's not really what I want to talk about today.



The pool opens next weekend and that means I have six days to lose 15 pounds. Think I can do it? Yeah, probably not. I've gotten off to a good start in the last three days. I'm very ticked at myself because I didn't start this two months ago. Oh wait, I did. Numerous times.




There is a big problem that has come up in the mornings. My olfactory system is under attack by four different bakeries on my route. The first place is McDs and their Cinnamon Melts. No sooner am I clearing my nostrils from that wonderful smell when I go past Burger King and their Cini Minis. About thirty minutes later I am passing a Sara Lee Outlet and Ihop Pancake House. Mmmm, Belgian Waffles.... One block away from the finish line the grocery store bakery is in full swing blowing out the aroma of freshly baked bread and chocolate frosted cake donuts .

So how am I going to get all of those Milky Ways and Cadbury Eggs off my legs and butt in the next six days if I am constantly being assaulted in this cruel way?

drum roll please...
$3.58
plus 18 cents that Littlest picked up for me and wouldn't give back!

2 comments:

Just Casi said...

I plan on giving birth. That should take care of about 20 lbs. The other 20...I just don't know.

Eris said...

Let me know when you're ready to hit the mountain. We can lose our Cadbury eggs together!