Thursday, July 9, 2009

Putting out fires

Yesterday was weird. I spent most of the day putting out fires, or at least helping to man the hoses. A couple of times I had to sit back and watch them burn. Not real fires that burn houses down. I'm talking about fires that disrupt lives and make people miserable.

They were not my own personal fires. However, each one of them affected me greatly. Thankfully none turned out to be life-threatening but one was certainly life-altering.

Please folks, no more fire. Unless of course it involves Hershey Bars, marshmallows and graham crackers.

One more thing. Talking about large fires reminds me that Mr. Eris and Wendy are both celebrating birthdays today! Happy Birthday to both of you!

$1.05

Photo note: The top image is little Kara lighting fireworks. The last two are of Eris and Athena in 1992 taken at Colter Bay on a girls only camping trip. Lots of burgers and smores!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks, Numi, for the birthday wish! What a blessing it was to have the Colorado Crew and Little Man and his Mom here for the day. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time....

anareis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KFinley said...

I hope you didn't get burned yesterday!

Don't we all just wish we could go back to the days of the tweety hats?

Eris said...

Um, we had fires yesterday that did involve banana boats and s'mores. We thought of you!