Monday, January 25, 2010

Lighter Fare

Okay, it's time for a lighter blog post. I grabbed my older scrapbooks and picked out a couple of images to share.

The hook. I believe it was originally put in a ceiling beam at Mom's house, possibly when Athena was a baby. Mom had an old jump-up seat from way back when I was an an infant and the kids loved it. But sometimes the seat wasn't handy so overall suspenders were used. For some reason Eris doesn't seem to be enjoying the hook at all. That hook is still in the beam and occasionally you will find odd things hanging from it. Most of the kids have had a turn being hung just like this!


The image of Athena was taken in 1978 at a birthday party in Santa Maria. I don't know if she ever got it blown up but she certainly was trying hard.



The last two photos were taken in 1992 at Colter Bay. Zeus and I had been married for a year and had taken some wonderful trips but this outing was just for the girls. Eris, I'm curious about the hat. Hamburgers, smores, grape soda and dirt. Good times.

$1.78

5 comments:

bleason said...

The first photo gives a different meaning to the expression, "Hang in there."

MoneyWalker

Eris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eris said...

Seriously?! I can't operate a computer.

I'm pretty sure the hat was stolen from Zeus. It didn't take me long to figure out that I could borrow his old stuff - remember the red and blue checked polyester blazer I used to wear to school?

athena said...

Or the beloved bolo event.....