Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Um Um Good!

I love food, especially the foods of summer. Watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, peanut butter and crackers, grilled turkeyburgers, chicken wraps, basically anything easy to prepare that can be consumed on the run from one activity to another.



Zeus and I have enjoyed many yogurt/fruit smoothies on the deck this summer. What a treat to end a hot day! I've experimented with all kinds but my handsdown favorite has to be blueberry. Three ingredients (milk, frozen fruit and yogurt) in the blender, it just doesn't get easier than that!



Chocolate doesn't fare well in our desert heat and must be eaten quickly. To keep it safe from melting I bring it directly to my lair where it stays cool until I eat it, generally a very short period of time. Jelly rings are especially vulnerable so it's important to take care of them quickly.


Is there anything more fun than watching kids eat the foods of summer?

$1.51
3.16 plus three $1 car wash tokens

No comments: