Sunday, June 6, 2010

Never a dull moment

This last week has been a blur. Every single day on the calendar was loaded with places to go and things to do. Early mornings and late nights were the norm. All of these activities were things that I enjoy doing. A number of bike rides were taken and new paths explored. (Future post to come.) We finally got to the pool yesterday to officially begin our summer holidays. (Another future post.) My cameras have been put through the paces on a number of shoots with some of my favorite people requiring many, many hours sitting in front of my computer culling through well over a thousand shots and editing, editing, editing. (Still a few more posts waiting to be written up.)

Zeus has been out of town for four days and is scheduled to return this evening. It's a good thing he hasn't been around because this house is a total disaster! Clothes piled up on my unmade bed, camera gear and computer equipment scattered all over the kitchen and great room, bike gear in all areas of the car and not a thing to eat in the refrigerator. As I returned home from my ralk this morning I noticed a few weeds that have sprouted up in the yard that even I am embarrassed about.

I have ten hours to put my house back in order, clean the car, pull the weeds, fill the fridge with food and hopefully get in an hour of rest on the patio. Until I return with the promised posts I will leave you with a few of my favorite images from the last week.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my life?

$2.15 (that includes another paper dollar, two in a week!)


P.S. MoneyWalker, I haven't forgotten. The package is on my list of to-dos for this week.


bleason said...

Numi, no hurry about the Harley. Two friends are just coming out of intensive care. They were blind sided as they rode tandium on their Harley. So sad, be careful on your bike.

On today's walk, a front decorative grill from a Nissan wreck was lugged home. It will be the center piece on my soon to be completed display of auto and motor cycle logo. The shiny chrome logos will be mounted on a 12 ft. long barge board that is at least 100 years old. Barge boards came from barges that floated down the Mississippi to New Orleans and then unassembled for the wood slats that were used for housing. Some still have the pegs that were used to hold the barge together imbedded in the wood. When completed, I will take a photo and post on my blog. But who knows when it will be finished. Thanks again for your kindness.

This week-end I spent much of my time cleaning my barn in Folsom, LA. I wish that I could nuture a better habit of putting things away as projects are completed. Each Jan. 1, one yearly resolution is to "finish." The resolve rarely last into Feb.

Good finds on the paper money.



JW said...

Love all the pictures and what you did with the wedding pic!!

We bought swim diapers today so Little Man is ready to join the fun.

The Numismatist said...

MoneyWalker, I've been riding paved trails so no interactions with cars. I'm as particular about riding as ralking when it comes to traffic. Early morning when everyone else is still in bed is my time. This morning I was out the door at 5:58. Oh, the joys of summer!

I will be looking forward to seeing your logo wall.

I'll be posting a photo and a note today on your FB wall.

The Numismatist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.