Friday, December 14, 2007

Festivus progress

Shhhh.... Don't tell anyone, but the pjs are done! This is always a big relief. Each year I am surprised all over again at how much these simple pajama pants mean to the kids (and big kids?). Last week Jakers asked me if I was doing them this year and when I told him "no" he looked like I had slapped him! I quickly reassured him that they would be waiting for him on Christmas Eve. The kids might not remember the other gifts they receive from Grandpa and Grandma but they can all tell you what their pants were for the last few years. Recently I was shown Pearl's pants from last year. Totally, absolutely threadbare! Now that makes it worth doing them!

Looks like there will be enough scraps for another coveted pajama quilt. Bubba received it last year after spending Christmas morning at the hospital getting his appendix removed. If you look closely at the Pajama Gang photo at the right you can see the pale, pained look on his face. Let's not have that much excitement this year, okay?

Oh yeah, the stocking for little Lily is finished as well.

It has been extremely cold, dark and icy this week. My street totals are pretty sad.
$.28
.05

2 comments:

Eris said...

Yay! for jammies! The kids wear them until they look like flood pants.

Miss you - Disneyland won't be as much fun without you.

KFinley said...

You finished them! Geez, you are quick!